GDPR is a rather complex topic indeed. In short, you need the following features for your store to be GDPR compliant:
- Cookie Consent Banner that is compatible with GDPR standards.
- Personal Data Management Center that allows users to view, download, and delete their data from your database.
And most importantly:
- Tracking/cookies SHOULD NOT start before user consent is given.
- If the consent is not provided, all the tracking should stop - not only some of them.
- The user consent should be carried and respected on all pages.
You can view our complete guide on Shopify - GDPR for all details.
You should be using a cookie consent solution as it usually covers all the elements you need. As Analyzify, here is a list of our recommended solutions that we are compatible with:
- Cookiebot (by Usercentrics)
- GDPR Compliance Center (by Pandectes)
- Axeptio (by Tranzistor)
Analyzify ensures that your Google Tag Manager and entire data analytics setup comply with GDPR.
What you will secure:
- GTM, Google Analytics 4 & Google Ads pixels setup that is completely GDPR-compliant,
- Detailed step-by-step tutorials on each element of GDPR,
- Expert help on GDPR setup & validation (as an additional service).
Having completed over +1000 data analytics setups, we have learned a lot on GDPR. As a company based in Europe, we also care about GDPR a great deal. Here are the most common GDPR violations committed by Shopify merchants:
- doesn’t include all the needed details.
- is not linked through the consent banner clearly.
The consent banner:
- doesn’t have the proper categories.
- doesn’t offer the “accept” and “don’t accept” options equally.
- comes with all the options pre-checked.
- starts before the consent is provided.
- still works on some of the pages even if the user doesn’t provide consent.
- carries more data than the user’s consent.
As Analyzify, we offer our merchants 2 methods for a GDPR-compliant tracking setup.
Detailed, video-guided, and risk-free process for merchants who are experienced in code blocks, GTM, and tracking concepts in general. Comes with a GDPR-enabled GTM container.
Professional setup & audit done by Analyzify's experts for an additional fee ($249). Comes with:
- GDPR setup & audit
- Consent management tool adjustments
- Validation & tests